We are now seeing the meaning of “virus” as being spread very, very “virally”. I am stunned at how quickly this is moving throughout our area. For example:
· The Webster Schroeder cheerleaders had to cancel their spot in this past weekend’s championships due to 6 of their 12 being stricken with flu.
· The Honeoye Fall girls Cross Country team was kept home from the Monroe County championships, also this past weekend, for the same reason. They were the favorites to win.
· My 12-year-old spent Halloween night at a friend’s house. Today the friend’s sister is sick with a fever and cough.
· My 15-year-old spent Halloween night with HER friends. Today two of these girls are sick with fever and cough.
· Celebrities’ kids: Jason, from the Ghosthunters, reported on twitter that his twins were diagnosed with the flu today.
And, as my husband said this afternoon, it’s going to get much worse. We are witnessing history in the making here folks, not the kind of history we’d like to remember though.
I found this link below on flu clinics in our county. As of this writing NONE are dispensing the flu shot. However please refer to this link often because as soon as the vaccines have arrived the information on this site will reflect this.